Re: Suppress 'duplicate key' at errorlog? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Suppress 'duplicate key' at errorlog?
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 5:45 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Rossi, Maria <maria.rossi@us.pgds.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to suppress a ‘duplicate key’ msg  from the errorlog?  Due to a bug in a 3rd party application,  this keeps on appearing and I am concerned that it will fill up the filesystem.    I can delete  the old errorlog,  but if there is any other meaningful msgs out there, I would lose that too.

Thanks.

Maria

Not in any way that doesn't also entail the "but if there is any other meaningful msgs out there, I would lose that too." risk.

Stop thinking about the limited problem of removing the excessive messages and just learn how to deal with high-volume log situations generally.  At worse you could a simple log rotation and archive with a cleanup "sed" script that deletes these messages.  Suggest setting "application_name" in order to be more targeted.

David J.​