Re: How to restore database without re-write database and tables owner by using postgres - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: How to restore database without re-write database and tables owner by using postgres
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Saturday, May 20, 2023, Cidy Long <cidy.long@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi. Here.

I’m trying to restore multiple database backup tar files to new database server on PostgreSQL-15 by run command in shell script

    /usr/pgsql-15/bin/pg_restore -v --no-owner --host=$h --port=$db_port --username=postgres --dbname=$db_name $db_tar_file

but I found, the restored database’s owner and its tables owner was replaced by connect user (super user——postgres).

I tired to find out How to keep the database and its table original owner, I don’t find any thing.

Please advise

This isn’t a bug, requests for help should be directed to the -general list.
Using colors makes your e-mail hard to read on a white background.
‘you told it “no owner” which does exactly what you’ve described here.

David J.