Re: Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday, March 21, 2016, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I'd rather not omit sleep but removing "Watch every" is fine (preferred
> actually), so:
> Title Is Here     Mon Mar 21 15:05:06 2016 (5s)

Meh ... seems a bit awkward to me.  Couldn't you include " (5s)" in the
title, if you want that info?  If it's variable, you could still
accommodate that:

Actually, only if it's a variable that you setup and repeat and you show.  A bit cumbersome and mixes the parts that are title and those that are present only because you are watching.

regression=# \set delay 5
regression=# \pset title 'My Title (':delay' s)'
Title is "My Title (5 s)".
regression=# select repeat('xyzzy',12) \watch :delay

David J.