Re: DELETING then INSERTING record with same PK in the same TRANSACTION - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: DELETING then INSERTING record with same PK in the same TRANSACTION
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 11:12 AM Andrew Hardy <andrew.hardy@sabstt.com> wrote:
Do I need some particular kind of settings on my transaction to be able to delete and insert afresh in the same transaction?

No.  I cannot reproduce your claim with a trivial example on stock 13.5.

You will need to be less vague and at least provide an exact reproducer script.

In case it is relevant - the first delete will lead to cascaded deletes on children.

This may indeed be relevant.  Again, you need to provide an exact reproducer, not expect others to reverse-engineer one for you.

David J.