Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode
Date
Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
Just *when* is git ready for testing? You don't know from the outside.

I do lurk here a lot and still am unsure quite often.

Even simply releasing an alpha *tarball* would be useful enough. What
is needed is the signal to test, rather than a fully-built package.

​IIUC the master branch is always ready for testing.

​I do not think the project cares whether everyone is testing the exact same codebase; as long as test findings include the relevant commit hash the results will be informative.

David J.​