Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-06-08 12:16:34 -0400, David G. Johnston wrote:
> ​IIUC the master branch is always ready for testing.

I don't really think so. For one we often find bugs ourselves quite
quickly.

But more importantly, I'd much rather have users use their precious (and
thus limited!) time to test when the set of features (not every detail
of a feature) is mostly set in stone. There's not much point in doing
in-depth testing before that. Similarly it's not particularly worthwhile
to test while the buildfarm still shows failures on common platforms.

Andres