Re: pg_dump problem with postgres user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: pg_dump problem with postgres user
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 7:22 AM <ertan.kucukoglu@1nar.com.tr> wrote:

I am using postgresql 14.6. PostgreSQL 15.1 is also installed in my system.
I just recognize that my scheduled backups are failing.

I am using postgres user for backup user and .pgpass file for no password
prompt.

Given that you have "trust" in your pg_hba.conf this point seems immaterial.

BTW, I thought postgres user has permission to read/write everything in all
databases. Am I missing something obvious?

Run \du+ and see what all roles are presently installed in the system and what their permissions are.  I strongly suspect your server has been hacked and you'll find roles there that don't belong, and the postgres role stripped of its superuser status.

David J.