Re: [BUGS] Failure to coerce unknown type to specific type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [BUGS] Failure to coerce unknown type to specific type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 1:35 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
Very sorry for the trash..

===
Now I found a comment at just where I patched,

>  * XXX if the typinput function is not immutable, we really ought to
>  * postpone evaluation of the function call until runtime. But there
>  * is no way to represent a typinput function call as an expression
>  * tree, because C-string values are not Datums. (XXX This *is*
>  * possible as of 7.3, do we want to do it?)

- Is it OK to *now* we can do this?
+ Is it OK to regard that we can do this *now*?

In this patch or a different one?  Does this comment have anything to do with the concern of this thread?

David J.