Re: libpq pipelineing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: libpq pipelineing
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday, June 26, 2020, Samuel Williams <space.ship.traveller@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about, as it says, sending multiple statements in a single sendQuery and then polling for multiple results?

I tried this, and even in single row streaming mode, I found that
there are cases where the results would not be streamed until all the
queries were sent.

From the users point of view, they may generate a loop sending
multiple queries and don't care about the result, so a pipeline/batch
processing is ideal to avoid RTT per loop iteration, if database
access is slow, this can be a significant source of latency

 I don’t have any insight into the bigger picture but I’d concur that no other option is documented so what you desire is not possible.

David J.