Re: Unique UUID value - PostgreSQL 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Unique UUID value - PostgreSQL 9.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 2:13 PM, drum.lucas@gmail.com <drum.lucas@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've got 2 tables:

Temp-Table
Table-A

Need to copy all the data from Temp-Table to Table-A. But there is a Constraint that does not allow me to have duplicated items.

So I need to create a Unique value.

Example:

Column Code        |   Column Info   |
code_67493675936        info_2016

Question:

How can I do that using PostgreSQL 9.2?

You might want to try to restate the problem and question.  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what you want.

Reading your subject line I'll point you to:

specifically the extension that is mentioned.

​Usually people figure out ways to accomplish their goals without using UUID though.

David J.