Re: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> But I don't think
> we should discount the existence of the former category.  Deploying
> to production on an older release of $system than you develop on
> is hardly an unusual scenario.

That's probably true, but making dev, test, and production boxes
similar is generally good practice and users can do as much or as
little of it as they find they need in order to avoid getting burned.
They can't do anything about behavior changes we inject into minor
releases.

​+1; this doesn't seem clear-cut and important enough to deviate from the (for me) preferable position of leaving well-enough-alone in the back branches.

David J.