Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v70 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v70
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 9, 2022 at 12:07 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> ... specific counters.  In particular, replay will not increment
> pg_stat_database or pg_stat_all_tables columns, and the startup process
> will not report reads and writes for the pg_statio views.
>
> It would helpful to give at least one specific example of what is being
> recorded normally, especially since we give three of what is not.

The second sentence is a set of examples - or do you mean examples for what
actions by the startup process are counted?

Specific views that these statistics will be updating; like pg_stat_database being the example of a view that is not updating.

David J.