Re: Ryu floating point output patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sunday, January 13, 2019, Donald Dong <xdong@csumb.edu> wrote:
Also I wonder why do we need to make this change?
-int                    extra_float_digits = 0; /* Added to DBL_DIG or FLT_DIG */
+int                    extra_float_digits = 1; /* Added to DBL_DIG or FLT_DIG */

From the original post:

This version of the patch continues to use extra_float_digits to select
whether Ryu output is used - but I've also changed the default, so that
Ryu is used unless you explicitly set extra_float_digits to 0 or less.”

David J.