Re: Queries in replica are failing - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From ROHIT SACHDEVA
Subject Re: Queries in replica are failing
Date
List pgsql-admin
I received this error when i set  max_standby_streaming_delay to -1 and  max_standby_archive_delay to 30 seconds.

The following processes were terminated on your read replica because they were interfering with the replay of transaction logs: [18218].

I was also receiving an error when i set hot_standby_feedback.

Kindly suggest.

On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 8:04 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2024-05-16 at 17:31 +0530, Siraj G wrote:
> Queries in replica instance are failing with the error "cancelling statement due
> to conflict with recovery". I was checking two parameters (max_standby_archive_delay
> and max_standby_streaming_delay)  which may allow the queries to run within the
> time defined in those.
>
> Is it recommended to set those? Is there any other suggestion to tackle this?

The only safe way to avoid this error is to set "max_standby_streaming_delay" to -1.

See https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/streaming-replication-conflicts-in-postgresql/

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

--