Re: Table rewrite supporting functions for event triggers - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Greg Sabino Mullane
Subject Re: Table rewrite supporting functions for event triggers
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Wed, Sep 11, 2024 at 2:00 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
Putting the documentation change aside for a bit, could it be better
to redesign this function and return a text value rather than an
integer?  We could directly return the names, minus "AT_REWRITE_", for
instance.

 I dunno - so would we smush them together and return something like:

"ALTER_PERSISTENCE and COLUMN_REWRITE"

That would be a step backwards for anyone possibly using that integer programatically to (for example) give a pretty user-facing message about why the event was triggered.

Cheers,
Greg