How to pass a parameter in a query to postgreSQL 12 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hassan Camacho Cadre
Subject How to pass a parameter in a query to postgreSQL 12
Date
Re: How to pass a parameter in a query to postgreSQL 12  (Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com>)
List pgsql-general

Hello

I recently installed a postgreSQL v12, in previous version 8.3 in all my queries I pass parameters using the character :

SELECT

  public.tabla.id

FROM

  public.tabla

WHERE

  public.tabla.id = :a

In the new version when I try to make this query it sends me an error

ERROR syntax error at or near ":"

I tried

?a , ¿a, @a

But I always got an error

I am executing this query on the query editor of pgadmin 4

Could someone help me to know how I can configure the parameter passing character or, failing that, how I should pass the parameters in this new version.

Greetings

--
Atentamente Msc. Hassan Camacho.