Re: Functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ramesh T
Subject Re: Functions
Date
List pgsql-general
thank you it's helpfull

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 7:43 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 05/08/2015 01:56 AM, Ramesh T wrote:
Hi All,
   I want move functions from onedatabase to other database in same host
on windows 7 and installed  postgres version is 9.4.I'm using pgadmin3 tool.
any help..?

Two options with pgAdmin:

1) See here
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.20/backup.html
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.20/restore.html
   See the Objects pane for selective restore

2) Go through the tree of objects in the object browser and cut and paste the function scripts.

Best option is to create object(tables, functions, etc) definition scripts outside your database in text files so you can point them at any database you want. Ideally they will be in a version control system.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com