Re: Functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Functions
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/08/2015 01:56 AM, Ramesh T wrote:
> Hi All,
>    I want move functions from onedatabase to other database in same host
> on windows 7 and installed  postgres version is 9.4.I'm using pgadmin3 tool.
> any help..?

Two options with pgAdmin:

1) See here
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.20/backup.html
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.20/restore.html
    See the Objects pane for selective restore

2) Go through the tree of objects in the object browser and cut and
paste the function scripts.

Best option is to create object(tables, functions, etc) definition
scripts outside your database in text files so you can point them at any
database you want. Ideally they will be in a version control system.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com