Re: Temp tables - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From jose fuenmayor
Subject Re: Temp tables
Date
List pgsql-admin
Thanks folks

El vie., 14 de agosto de 2020 20:34, Igor Andriychuk <2.andriychuk@gmail.com> escribió:
Index would be your solution, but looks like you on v <11.
You are right, I’ve seen a dramatic performance change in SQL Server when I used temporary table and then dynamically build an index on required columns and use it in the following queries.
I think it’s because in some cases SQL Server does a poor job on query optimization.

In case if you are using v <11 you can try to build index with three columns
Create index <index name> on table2(x, field2, field1);

Make sure the column which you are not using in where clause conditions comes last.

Then play with execution plan to check if  it uses your index or not.
Also try to not use a subquery but table straight forward. Haven’t worked with v<11 a lot, wouldn’t comment on it.