Re: FATAL: ReleaseSavepoint: unexpected state STARTED - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marcin Mańk
Subject Re: FATAL: ReleaseSavepoint: unexpected state STARTED
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Marcin Mańk <marcin.mank@gmail.com> writes:
>>  psql -c 'release q; prepare q(int) as select 1'
>> FATAL:  ReleaseSavepoint: unexpected state STARTED
>
> Can't get terribly excited about that, seeing that the statement is
> surely going to draw an error and abort processing the rest of the
> command string in any case ...

Oh, I thought FATAL was disconnectiong other sessions. Yeah, that was
not bad enough.

Here is a better one:

psql postgres -c 'savepoint q; select 1'
FATAL:  DefineSavepoint: unexpected state STARTED
server closed the connection unexpectedlyThis probably means the server terminated abnormallybefore or while processing
therequest.

Greetings
Marcin Mańk