Re: [HACKERS] json_agg produces nonstandard json - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jordan Deitch
Subject Re: [HACKERS] json_agg produces nonstandard json
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thank you for responding!

Good points.

However, I don't see consistency between the results of these two statements:

select jsonb_agg((select 1 where false));
select sum((select 1 where false));

Therefore another option I would like to suggest is returning the same null value-types for the sum() and json_agg().

So the select jsonb_agg((select 1 where false)); would return null as opposed to [null]. In this case it would be compatible with coalesce()

---
Thanks
Jordan Deitch