[GENERAL] Data checksum with pg upgradecluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan
Subject [GENERAL] Data checksum with pg upgradecluster
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm updating my database from 9.4 to 9.6 (Debian Jessie to Stretch). I
think that it is a good opportunity to turn on data checksum.

I don't have experience with cluster creation or moving a DB to a new cluster.

I'll use pg_upgradecluster, but I don't see any option to turn of data checksum.

I took a look to the pg_upgradecluster script. I think that it invokes
pg_createcluster. Therefore I think that I should get data checksums
if I add in the file /etc/postgresql-common/createcluster.conf the
following line:
initdb_options = '--data-checksums'

Is this correct?

Thanks,