Re: pgAdmin III: Muliple SQL tabs - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Sergey Busel
Subject Re: pgAdmin III: Muliple SQL tabs
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave,

Here is a patch that does display the query tab name in the title bar of the output pane. It seems to work with loading and saving the perspective, too. The trick is to restore the original text on the output pane before loading and saving the perspective, and put the query name back in there right after.

Attached is the full patch, not the diff from the previous patch I sent. Let me know if you have other suggestions.

Regards.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 7:46 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:07 AM, Sergey Busel <sbusel@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Removed unused/commented code.
> - Tab names now reflect the file name, if such is associated with a tab.
> - Removed the "Close Tab" menu item. Added X button to the active tab.
> - To tell the user which tab results are related to and to avoid messing
> with perspective, the name of the related tab is now displayed as "Data
> Output [Query 1]" in the output pane. If the tab is named after a file, file
> name will display in the square brackets. If the file name is longer then 15
> chars, it will be truncated to 15 chars.
>
> Let me know any other suggestions you may have.

Thanks - this seems to be working nicely for me. It would be good if
the query name could be displayed in the title bar of the output pane
rather than on the results tab (because it really does apply to all
tabs), but I don't see any sensible way to do that given the weird way
that wxAUI stores it's perspectives.

Ashesh, any ideas?

--
Dave Page