Re: BUG #7500: hot-standby replica crash after an initial rsync - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Maxim Boguk
Subject Re: BUG #7500: hot-standby replica crash after an initial rsync
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Andres,

> > I have some problems with debug startup process with gdb...
> > I following next sequence of commands (and got no useful results):
> Youre debugging the postmaster that way. The easiest way would be to just
> attach to the startup process with gdb -p. Not sure if you can manage that
> timingwise without manually adding sleeps.

It's imposible without added sleep seems. Too fast for me.
Where I should add sleep call in PostgreSQL source? (process managment part
of PostgreSQL isn't known for me at all).

> Otherwise you probably will have to work with "set follow-fork-mode ask" in
> gdb. Getting to the right child isn't easy though.

Unfortunatelly gdb under FreeBSD doesn't suport set follow-fork-mode.

Kind Regards,
Maksy