Re: Error running configure on Mac - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From samay sharma
Subject Re: Error running configure on Mac
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 11:14 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
samay sharma <smilingsamay@gmail.com> writes:
> I was trying to build Postgres from source on my Mac (MacOS Monterey 12.1)
> and ran into an error when running configure.

Works for me, and for other developers, and for assorted buildfarm
animals.

> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C99... unsupported
> configure: error: C compiler "gcc" does not support C99

That is bizarre.  Can you show the segment of config.log
that corresponds to this?  The exact error message that
the compiler is reporting would be useful.

The line above the error message in config.log is:

configure:4607: result: unsupported

configure:4623: error: C compiler "gcc" does not support C99

Slightly above that, I see this error message too:

configure:4591: gcc -qlanglvl=extc99 -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5

clang: error: unknown argument: '-qlanglvl=extc99'

configure:4591: $? = 1

configure: failed program was:

I also see many more error messages in config.log when I grep for error. So, I've attached the entire file in case any other output is useful.

Also, I wonder if you are using Apple's gcc (yeah, that's
really clang), or a gcc from MacPorts or Brew or the like.

I've pasted the output of gcc --version in the previous email which reports it to be Apple clang version 13.0.0 (clang-1300.0.27.3). Is there any other command which I can run to give more info about this?

Regards,
Samay

                        regards, tom lane
Attachment