Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From samay sharma
Subject Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Jacob,

Thank you for porting this on top of the pluggable auth methods API. I've addressed the feedback around other backend changes in my latest patch, but the client side changes still remain. I had a few questions to understand them better.

(a) What specifically do the client side changes in the patch implement?
(b) Are the changes you made on the client side specific to OAUTH or are they about making SASL more generic? As an additional question, if someone wanted to implement something similar on top of your patch, would they still have to make client side changes?

Regards,
Samay