Re: Documentation for building with meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From samay sharma
Subject Re: Documentation for building with meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 1:04 AM John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
+# Run the main pg_regress and isolation tests
+<userinput>meson test --suite main</userinput>

This does not work for me in a fresh install until running

meson test --suite setup

In fact, we see in

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Meson

meson test --suite setup --suite main

You are right that this will be needed for a new install. I've added --suite setup in the testing section in the v3 of the patch (attached).

That was just an eyeball check from a naive user -- it would be good to try running everything documented here.

I retried all the instructions as suggested and they work for me.

Regards,
Samay

--
John Naylor