need suggestion on querying big tables - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ebin Jozer
Subject need suggestion on querying big tables
Date
Re: need suggestion on querying big tables  (John Wiencek <jwiencek3@comcast.net>)
Re: need suggestion on querying big tables  (Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@gmail.com>)
Re: need suggestion on querying big tables  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
Re: need suggestion on querying big tables  (Samed YILDIRIM <samed@reddoc.net>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi Team,
in postgresql 11 version we have two tables of size 435 GB and 347 GB.
if we query on single table or if we are doing inner join on both the big tables, it is not displacing any output, it keeps running

We can see the wait event is IO and directDatafile .

Server Spec : 8 cores and  64GB RAM
PG config : 53 GB(effective_cache), 12 GB(shared buffer)

can you please suggest some ideas , how we can query on big tables and fasten them to get the output??

Thanks & Regards,
Ebin