Re: BUG #16643: PG13 - Logical replication - initial startup never finishes and gets stuck in startup loop - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Henry Hinze
Subject Re: BUG #16643: PG13 - Logical replication - initial startup never finishes and gets stuck in startup loop
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply!

For my comparison test of PG 12 and 13 I did not change any default setting except wal_level.

But I also did some tests and increased wal_keep_size and max_slot_wal_keep_size to 1GB. And I set wal_sender_timeout to 1h but without success. The setup works in PG 13 only with a small amount of data.

Best,
Henry

Am Di., 29. Sept. 2020 um 22:09 Uhr schrieb Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> The following setup of logical replication for one table works nicely with
> PG 12.4. In PG 13.0 the initial startup never finishes. Instead it starts
> over and over again.

It kinda looks like something is timing out before it's managed to
catch up with the (rather large) initial state of table t.  What
non-default replication settings are you using?

Diplominformatiker Henry Hinze
Dietzgenstraße 75
13156 Berlin
Tel:  +49 - 177 - 3160621