Re: [HACKERS] pg_stat_wal_write statistics view - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_stat_wal_write statistics view
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 4:15 PM, vinayak <Pokale_Vinayak_q3@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
On 2017/03/16 10:34, Haribabu Kommi wrote:

Updated patch attached.
The patch looks good to me.

Thanks for the review.

How about rename the view as "pg_stat_walwriter"?

With the use of name "walwriter" instead of "walwrites", the
user may confuse that this view is used for displaying
walwriter processes statistics. But actually it is showing
the WAL writes activity in the instance. Because of this
reason, I went with the name of "walwrites".

The columns of view :
backend_writes -> backend_wal_writes
writes-> background_wal_writes
write_blocks-> wal_write_blocks
write_time->wal_write_time
sync_time->wal_sync_time

As the view name already contains WAL, I am not sure
whether is it required to include WAL in every column?
I am fine to change if others have the same opinion of
adding WAL to column names.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia