Re: Dead rows not getting removed during vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: Dead rows not getting removed during vacuum
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM, Granthana Biswas <granthana@zedo.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Has anyone ever faced the issue of dead rows not getting removed during
> vacuum even if there are no open transactions/connections?
>
> We have been facing this during every scheduled vacuum which is done after
> closing all other database connections:
>
> 119278 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.

These are the dead tuples which occurred after the vacuum operation is
started. These tuples may be visible to the other transactions,
because of this reason It cannot remove these tuples in this vacuum
scan. In the next vacuum these will be cleaned. You can observe the
same in the next vacuum.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia