Re: Enhance pg_stat_wal_receiver view to display connected host - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: Enhance pg_stat_wal_receiver view to display connected host
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 4:02 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 03:10:12PM +1100, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> Ok, understood. As the libpq gives preference to hostaddr connection
> parameter than host while connecting. How about going with one column
> "remote_host" that displays either hostaddr(if exists) or hostname. So that
> one column that displays the actual remote host to where it connected?
>
> Note : The one column approach for both host and hostaddr will depend on
> how we go with PQhostaddr() function.

Yeah, we don't want to begin a open battle for that.  Using one column as
a first step would still be useful anyway.  If the discussion about
PQhostaddr() comes to a result at some point, then it could make sense
to integrate that with pg_stat_wal_receiver.  The problem with PQhost
handling strangely multiple host values is inconsistent though.

I updated the pg_stat_wal_receiver patch with the new PQhost() function behavior
and updated the view with two columns, (remote_server and remote_port) instead
of three as earlier.

Updated patch attached.

Regards,
Hari Babu