Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 11:17 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2019-02-22 14:52:08 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 11:19 AM Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the review. Attached v2.
>
> Thanks.  I took this, combined it with Andres's
> v12-0040-WIP-Move-xid-horizon-computation-for-page-level-.patch, did
> some polishing of the code and comments, and pgindented.  Here's what
> I ended up with; see what you think.

I pushed this after some fairly minor changes, directly including the
patch to route the horizon computation through tableam. The only real
change is that I removed the table relfilenode from the nbtree/hash
deletion WAL record - it was only required to access the heap without
accessing the catalog and was unused now.  Also added a WAL version
bump.

It seems possible that some other AM might want to generalize the
prefetch logic from heapam.c, but I think it's fair to defer that until
such an AM wants to do so

As I see that your are fixing some typos of the code that is committed,
I just want to share some more corrections that I found in the patches
that are committed till now.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia