Re: [HACKERS] Refactor handling of database attributes between pg_dump and pg_dumpall - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Refactor handling of database attributes between pg_dump and pg_dumpall
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

Patch attached. Still some more docs needs to be added.

Updated patch attached to resolve the conflicts with following commit.

commit 9a83d56b38c870ce47b7651385ff2add583bf136
Author: Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>
Date:   Tue Mar 7 22:00:54 2017 +0800

    Allow pg_dumpall to dump roles w/o user passwords

    Add new option --no-role-passwords which dumps roles without passwords.
    Since we don’t need passwords, we choose to use pg_roles in preference
    to pg_authid since access may be restricted for security reasons in
    some configrations.

    Robins Tharakan and Simon Riggs

Regards,
Hari Babu