Re: Enhance pg_stat_wal_receiver view to display connected host - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: Enhance pg_stat_wal_receiver view to display connected host
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 12:54 PM, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 11:28:32AM +1100, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> I updated the pg_stat_wal_receiver patch with the new PQhost() function
> behavior and updated the view with two columns, (remote_server and
> remote_port) instead of three as earlier.
>
> Updated patch attached.

Thanks Hari for the updated patch.  I was looking forward to seeing a
ner version.

Thanks for the review.

+/*
+ * Provides remote sever info.
+ */
Typo here.  This could be more precise, like "Provides information of
remote server this WAL receiver is connected to".

updated as above.

+libpqrcv_get_remoteserver_info(WalReceiverConn *conn, char
**remote_server,
+                     int *remote_port)
+{
+   char *ret = NULL;
+
+   Assert(conn->streamConn != NULL);

Okay.  The connection should be established so normally the results from
PQport and PQhost should not be NULL.  Still I agree that this feels
safer for the long term.

OK.

Updated patch attached.

Regards,