Re: pg_hba_file_settings view patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: pg_hba_file_settings view patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 4:17 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Greg Stark wrote:

> The fundamental problem is that the pga_hba.conf file has some bits of
> complex structure that aren't easily captured by linear arrays. The
> problem I struggled with most was the keywords like "all", "samerole",
> and "replication". A simple array of text makes it awkward to
> distinguish those keywords from the quoted text values with the same
> content. And then there are the ldap options which naturally would be
> a data type like json or htab.

Hmm I thought we had decided that such keywords would live in separate
arrays, i.e. you have one array for plain names and another array for
keyword stuff.  Then it's not ambiguous anymore.

Thanks for all your opinions. Here I attached updated patch with the change
in column datatype from JSONB to TEXT array. Rest of the code changes
are same to the earlier patch.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia