Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 2:18 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2019-03-09 11:03:21 +1100, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> Here I attached the rebased patches that I shared earlier. I am adding the
> comments to explain the API's in the code, will share those patches later.

I've started to add those for the callbacks in the first commit. I'd
appreciate a look!

Thanks for the updated patches.

+ /* ------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ * Callbacks for hon-modifying operations on individual tuples
+ * ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typo in tableam.h file. hon->non

I think I'll include the docs patches, sans the callback documentation,
in the next version. I'll probably merge them into one commit, if that's
OK with you?

OK.
For easy review, I will still maintain 3 or 4 patches instead of the current patch
series.

> I observed a crash with the latest patch series in the COPY command.

Hm, which version was this? I'd at some point accidentally posted a
'tmp' commit that was just a performance hack

Yes. in my version that checked have that commit.
May be that is the reason for the failure.

Btw, your patches always are attached out of order:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAJrrPGd%2Brkz54wE-oXRojg4XwC3bcF6bjjRziD%2BXhFup9Q3n2w%40mail.gmail.com
10, 1, 3, 4, 2 ...

Sorry about that.
I always think why it is ordering that way when I attached the patch files into the mail.
I thought it may be gmail behavior, but with experiment I found that, while adding the multiple
patches, the last selected patch given the preference and it will be listed as first attachment.

I will take care that this problem doesn't repeat it again.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia