Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 7/21/15 5:15 AM, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
>> With the output of this view, administrator can identify the lines
>> that are matching for the given
>> criteria easily without going through the file.
>
> How is this useful?  I could see the use if you want to debug cases of
> user foo on host bar says they can't connect, but you can't impersonate
> them to verify it.  But then all you need is a function with a scalar
> result, not a result set.

Do you mean the function should return true or false based on the connection
status with the provided arguments?

I also feel difficult to understand the function result as compared to a view.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia