Re: BUG #15514: process fails on jsonb_populate_recordset query. seesimple example below - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: BUG #15514: process fails on jsonb_populate_recordset query. seesimple example below
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 7:21 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> writes:
> Accessing of NULL pointer leads to crash. Attached quick simple patch fixes
> the problem.

While that stops the crash, it doesn't do what we want, which is to
return a valid tupdesc.  Without that you get "set-valued function called
in context that cannot accept a set" errors.  I think the right fix is
to force a call of update_cached_tupdesc so that there always is a
tupdesc to copy.

Thanks for checking, I thought of the same thing, but I wasn't sure.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia