GUC parameters accepts values in both octal and hexadecimal formats - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject GUC parameters accepts values in both octal and hexadecimal formats
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Hackers,

The Server GUC parameters accepts values in both Octal and hexadecimal formats also.

postgres=# set max_parallel_workers_per_gather='0x10';
postgres=# show max_parallel_workers_per_gather;
 max_parallel_workers_per_gather
---------------------------------
 16

postgres=# set max_parallel_workers_per_gather='010';
postgres=# show max_parallel_workers_per_gather;
 max_parallel_workers_per_gather
 8

I can check that this behavior exists for quite some time, but I am not able to find any documentation related to it? Can some one point me to relevant section where it is available? If not exists, is it fine to add it?

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia