Re: Conflict detection and logging in logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From shveta malik
Subject Re: Conflict detection and logging in logical replication
Date
Re: Conflict detection and logging in logical replication
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Aug 18, 2024 at 2:27 PM Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Attach the V16 patch which addressed the comments we agreed on.
> I will add a doc patch to explain the log format after the 0001 is RFC.

Thank You for addressing comments. Please see this scenario:

create table tab1(pk int primary key, val1 int unique, val2 int);

pub: insert into tab1 values(1,1,1);
sub: insert into tab1 values(2,2,3);
pub: update tab1 set val1=2 where pk=1;

Wrong 'replica identity' column logged? shouldn't it be pk?

ERROR:  conflict detected on relation "public.tab1": conflict=update_exists
DETAIL:  Key already exists in unique index "tab1_val1_key", modified
locally in transaction 801 at 2024-08-19 08:50:47.974815+05:30.
Key (val1)=(2); existing local tuple (2, 2, 3); remote tuple (1, 2,
1); replica identity (val1)=(1).

thanks
Shveta