Re: Add contrib/pg_logicalsnapinspect - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From shveta malik
Subject Re: Add contrib/pg_logicalsnapinspect
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 17, 2024 at 10:18 AM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for addressing the comments. I have not started reviewing v4
> yet, but here are few more comments on v3:

I just noticed that when we pass NULL input, both the new functions
give 1 row as output, all cols as NULL:

newdb1=# SELECT * FROM pg_get_logical_snapshot_meta(NULL);
 magic | checksum | version
-------+----------+---------
       |          |

(1 row)

Similar behavior with pg_get_logical_snapshot_info(). While the
existing 'pg_ls_logicalsnapdir' function gives this error, which looks
more meaningful:

newdb1=# select * from pg_ls_logicalsnapdir(NULL);
ERROR:  function pg_ls_logicalsnapdir(unknown) does not exist
LINE 1: select * from pg_ls_logicalsnapdir(NULL);
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You
might need to add explicit type casts.

Shouldn't the new functions have same behavior?

thanks
Shveta