Re: Conflict detection and logging in logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From shveta malik
Subject Re: Conflict detection and logging in logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 7:39 AM Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> When testing the patch, I noticed a bug that when reporting the conflict
> after calling ExecInsertIndexTuples(), we might find the tuple that we
> just inserted and report it.(we should only report conflict if there are
> other conflict tuples which are not inserted by us) Here is a new patch
> which fixed this and fixed a compile warning reported by CFbot.

Thanks for the patch. Few comments:

1) Few typos:
Commit msg of patch001:     iolates--> violates
execIndexing.c:                      ingored --> ignored

2) Commit msg of stats patch: "The commit adds columns in view
pg_stat_subscription_workers to shows"
--"pg_stat_subscription_workers" --> "pg_stat_subscription_stats"

3) I feel, chapter '31.5. Conflicts' in docs should also mention about
detection or point to the page where it is already mentioned.

thanks
Shveta