Re: Redis 16 times faster than Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Imre Samu
Subject Re: Redis 16 times faster than Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
from the original article:
> For example, the PostgreSQL speeds depend on the Django ORM code
> that makes the SQL and sends the query and then turns it into the model instance.
> I don't know what the proportions are between that and
> the actual bytes-from-PG's-disk times. But I'm not sure I care either.

imho:   the "Django ORM" is not so fast.
according to "TechEmpower Web Framework Benchmarks" ...
it has only  ~3% performance  -  compare to the best rust+pg (100%) results.

example:
the "django-postgresql" performance = 766   - only 3.0% of the best pg + rust results
checking the other test types (  "Single query" ;" Multiple queries" ) has a similar results.

the Django implementation of the test:

Imre