Re: PostgreSQL run as process in windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tuanhoanganh
Subject Re: PostgreSQL run as process in windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Running PostgreSQL directly via pg_ctl, not as a service, will not
change how it performs under load at all. It will not help you service
more than 500 concurrent connections.

You really need to put a connection pool in place to limit the number of
concurrent workers. Look at PgBouncer or PgPool-II. As far as I know
neither of them runs on Windows; you might want to think about a Linux
box as a front-end.

Thanks for your help. But when use PgBouncer, it run as service and may be it only support 512 connect (Because windows service only support default 125 connect, change registry windows can support 512 connect).
Is there any other way?

Thanks you very much (Sorry for my English)