Re: Parallel INSERT (INTO ... SELECT ...) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Nancarrow
Subject Re: Parallel INSERT (INTO ... SELECT ...)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 7:26 PM Hou, Zhijie <houzj.fnst@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Yes, I agreed,
> I was worried about the overhead it may bring too,
> we can remove this from the current patch.

Posting an updated set of patches. Changes are based on feedback, as
detailed below:

[Hou]
- Corrected code that tries to check for underlying query on a
relation (but must at least check for underlying query, to rule out
VALUES). More complex tests not used, due to overhead.
- Fixed comment in tests for INSERT on temp table.
[Antonin]
- Moved Gather node targetlist fix-up code to set_plan_refs() and
updated comment (Antonin)
- Added extra tests for INSERT with RETURNING clause.

Hou: the parallel_dml patches will need slight rebasing

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment