Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Nancarrow
Subject Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 5:52 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why that Assert will hit? We seem to be always passing 'create' as
> true so it should create a new entry. I think a similar situation can
> happen for functions and it will be probably cleaned in the next
> vacuum cycle.

Oops, I missed that too. So at worst, vacuum will clean it up in the
out-of-order SUBSCRIPTIONPURGE,SUBWORKERERROR case.

But I still think the current code may not correctly handle
first_error_time/last_error_time timestamps if out-of-order
SUBWORKERERROR messages occur, right?

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia