Re: Added schema level support for publication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Nancarrow
Subject Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Date
Re: Added schema level support for publication.  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 8:13 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> Modified.
>
> Thanks for the comments, these issues are fixed as part of the v12 patch posted at [1].
> [1]  -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm3V9ny5dJM8nofLGJ3zDuDG0gS2dX%2BAhDph--U5y%2B4VbQ%40mail.gmail.com

There seems to be a problem with ALTER PUBLICATION ... SET TABLE ...
After that command, it still regards it as an empty (e) publication,
so I can then ALTER PUBLICATION ... ADD SCHEMA ...

e.g.

test_pub=# create schema myschema;
CREATE SCHEMA
test_pub=# CREATE TABLE myschema.test (key int, value text, data jsonb);
CREATE TABLE
test_pub=# create publication pub1;
CREATE PUBLICATION
test_pub=# \dRp+ pub1
                                 Publication pub1
 Owner | All tables | Inserts | Updates | Deletes | Truncates | Via
root | Pubtype
-------+------------+---------+---------+---------+-----------+----------+---------
 gregn | f          | t       | t       | t       | t         | f        | e
(1 row)

test_pub=# alter publication pub1 set table myschema.test;
ALTER PUBLICATION
test_pub=# \dRp+ pub1
                                 Publication pub1
 Owner | All tables | Inserts | Updates | Deletes | Truncates | Via
root | Pubtype
-------+------------+---------+---------+---------+-----------+----------+---------
 gregn | f          | t       | t       | t       | t         | f        | e
(1 row)

test_pub=# alter publication pub1 add schema myschema;
ALTER PUBLICATION
test_pub=# \dRp+ pub1
                                 Publication pub1
 Owner | All tables | Inserts | Updates | Deletes | Truncates | Via
root | Pubtype
 gregn | f          | t       | t       | t       | t         | f        | s
Schemas:
    "myschema"

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow