Re: Parallel plans and "union all" subquery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Nancarrow
Subject Re: Parallel plans and "union all" subquery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 6:11 PM Luc Vlaming <luc@swarm64.com> wrote:

> If interesting I can make a draft of what this would look like if this
> makes it easier to discuss?

Sure, that would help clarify it.

I did debug this a bit, but it seems my gut feeling was wrong, even
though it knows a type coercion is required and can be done, the
parse/analyze code doesn't actually modify the nodes in place "for
fear of changing the semantics", so when the types don't exactly match
it's all left up to the planner, but for this parse tree it fails to
produce a parallel plan.

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia