Re: Tiny update to pg_stat_statements documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Nancarrow
Subject Re: Tiny update to pg_stat_statements documentation
Date
Re: Tiny update to pg_stat_statements documentation  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 8:06 PM Bharath Rupireddy
> > I've attached a patch for this.
>
> +1. How about mentioning something like below?
>
> +compute_query_id = on # when in-core query identifier computation is
> desired, otherwise off.

Hmm, I think that comment is perhaps slightly misleading, as
compute_query_id wouldn't be set to "off" in settings for "typical
usage".
Just saying "use in-core query identifier computation" would be a
better comment.
However, I don't think the additional comment is really warranted
here, as the other typical usage settings are not commented, and all
settings are explained in the surrounding documentation.

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia